Ground turkey is one of the staple food items I can’t leave the grocery store without. There is just so many endless ways of cooking it, and of course it’s not only yummy, it’s also very nutritionist and a great source of protein.
For this delicious meal you’ll need:
- One large diced sweet potato
- Lean ground turkey
- 1 cup of onion
- 1 cup of real peppers
- Sea Salt
- Low sodium all purpose seasoning
- Chili powder
- Skim mozzarella shredded cheese
- Heat and grease the skillet with coconut oil. Place ground turkey in skillet and season with sea salt, pepper, low sodium all purpose seasoning and chili powder.
- Mix in 1 cup of onion and 1 cup of red bell peppers
- Sautee for 3-5 minutes until everything is cooked through
- Mix in the diced sweet potato.
- Add 1 cup of water
- Lower heat and cook for 5-7 minutes until the sweet potato is soft.
- Sprinkle a handful of skim mozzarella shredded cheese.
If you want to learn how to properly dice a sweet potato (like I did lol) here’s this very helpful Youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpC7K8UGi9Q