If you are the type of person that likes to shake things up and gets bored easily with the same old work out routine, here is 5 fun ways to stay fit in NYC.
- JumpLife: Is a Tribeca studio that opened on Nov. 2012. This 45 min workout is on trampolines! How fun can that get? The entire time you are jumping to Top 40 tunes in JumpDance’s nightclub setting. Located on 404 Broadway between Canal & Walker st. 2nd fl. (212-966-2604, http://jump-life.com) Schedule varies, single class $28, first time offer for three classes is $55, packages available.
- Body & Pole: Learn a sexy pole routine and get hands on training from the best instructors. I’ve personally taken a class here and I totally recommend it. Their classes include pole classes, aerial hoop classes, aerial fabric, conditioning and flexibility classes. They have classes for beginners, intermediate and advanced individuals. Located on 115 W. 27th st between 6th and 7th avenue (212-334-6900) Schedule varies, single class $40, first time $25, packages available. http://bodyandpole.com
- I Love Kickboxing: Try this kick ass workout for a lean strong body. This 90 min workout consist of a blend of 4 different styles of martial arts: Boxing, Muay Thai Kickboxing, Kickboxing, and San Da/ San Shou Kickboxing. Various locations in the city, (646-395-9185 Chelsea location) 3 classes for $19.99 and get a free pair of gloves, visit http://www.ilovekickboxing.com/kickboxing-studio/index.php?id=39&preview=1
- Willkommen Deep House Yoga: This yoga class brings the zen and relaxation to the NYC night club Verboten. The club invites Yoga instructors to host different styles of yoga. Classes are on Mondays and Tuesdays. Find your inner peace with beats by DJ Tasha Blank and George Faya. The club includes dope stereo systems, video projections, prismatic lights and even a disco ball. Located on 54 North 11th street between Kent and Wythe Aves, Williamsburg BK (347-223-4732, http://www.verbotennewyork.com) Mondays 7pm, 8:30pm and Tuesdays 1pm, 7pm, and 8:30pm; Single class $20. Mats are free.
- Aqua Studio NY: Discover cycling under water! This Tribeca studio has a candle lit pool and state of the art cycling bikes immersed in water. Most classes are 45 mins long. Located on 78 Franklin street, between Church and Broadway NY, NY 10013, (212-966-6784.