If you are anything like me, you love fries and are constantly fighting the urge to eat them all the time. So, I am all about a healthy recipe that still makes me feel like I’m indulging without the added calories =)
I present to you Baked Zucchini Fries!! Here’s what you’ll need for this super easy recipe.
- Cooking spray (I use coconut oil)
- 3 zucchinis
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs (I use whole wheat bread crumbs)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of reduced fat parmesan cheese
- Sea Salt
- Cut the ends of the zucchinis and cut them into 1/2 inch strips.
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Spray the baking sheet with coconut oil.
- Season the zucchini with a bit of sea salt and pepper
- Mix the whole wheat bread crumbs with the parmesan cheese
- Dip each zucchini strip into the beaten eggs and whole wheat bread crumbs and lay them in the baking sheet
- Bake for 20-24 min. until golden and crisp.
For a yummy home made onion dipping sauce for this recipe check out http://www.primallyinspired.com/baked-zucchini-fries-bloomin-onion-dipping-sauce-grain-free-gluten-free/