If you are like me, you are constantly on the go and don’t always have time to sit down and eat a meal.
Here are 6 healthy snacks you can eat on the go that are easy to prepare
- Hummus and carrots: Carrots are loaded with rich vitamins and fiber that’ll keep you full for longer. Hummus is a healthier option for dips. Its primary ingredient chickpeas is packed with protein and fiber.
2. Peanut butter and apples: Peanut butter also has protein and potassium which is great for your heart because it helps lower your risk for high blood pressure, stroke and heart disease. Apples are great because it lowers your risk of diabetes and helps reduce cholesterol.
3. Kind bars: My favorite is the almond and coconut bar. It’s packed with 4g of protein and 4g of fiber. It’s wheat free, gluten free and dairy free.http://www.kindsnacks.com
4. Nuts: My favorites are walnuts, almonds and cashews. They are are a great source of healthy fat. They are rich is minerals, protein, fiber and antioxidants.
5. Quest bars: 20g of protein! Gluten free, no added sugars and they come in delicious flavors like cookies and cream! http://www.questnutrition.com
Strawberries: This yummy fruit is a great source of antioxidant like vitamin C which is an immune system booster. It helps prevent cancer and surprisingly it’s helps keep wrinkles away.
I hope this gave you some great ideas for snacks you can eat on the go to help you never miss a meal. Constantly eating small meals throughout the day can help fire up your metabolism and stay fuller longer.